This year I am setting some "SMART" goals, that is goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and tangible.
Assess my starting point:
- Calculate my ecological footprint for 2006 (using calculators here, here and here.)
- Measure the killowatts my appliances consume using the Kill-a-Watt meter.
Set targets for reducing my footprint in 2007:
- Honor my pledge to reduce my fossil fuel consumptions by 2.6% based on the recommendations of the Oil Depletion Protocol.
- Find out what the recommendations are for reducing my carbon footprint to prevent global warming.
- Meet that goal with a combination of emissions reduction and offsets.
Set up a way to track my progress:
- Make a spreadsheet with all the variables.
- Set up a timetable for when to measure my results.
- Track cumulative numbers and percentages to see if I am on target.
- Post my goals (in terms of percentages).
- Post my progress (in terms of percentages).
- Network with other people who are doing the same and offer my support.
I invite you to join me! Together we can make a difference.