Tuesday, August 16, 2005

On the road

A friend and I are going to be traveling this weekend so I won't be posting. But I will have news when I get back. We will be visiting Earthaven Ecovillage near Ashville, NC to learn about their community. We'll do this on the way to the annual Communities Conference at the Twin Oaks community in central Virginia. I'm looking forward to "a weekend of sharing and celebration," including:

  • Intentional relationships
  • Group process
  • Collective childraising
  • Creating culture
  • Forming communities
  • Sustainability
  • Appropriate technology
  • Community economics
  • Music, dancing
  • Slide shows
  • Campfires, swimming
  • Magic

I'll tell you all about it when we get back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear about the ecovillage. :-)